In business today, customer loyalty is the strategic competitive edge. Customer satisfaction is no longer enough. The difference is loyal customers always come back. A satisfied customer may or may not come back there by becoming a one-time opportunity.
It costs 5 times more to obtain a new customer than it does to retain an existing customer. An organization that has disloyal customers must continually get new customers, typically spending 4 to 5 times more in advertising and other expenses. A loyal customer base has the advantage of providing on-going word-of-mouth advertising. Also loyal customers are unlikely to be swayed by incentives from the competition.
Loyal customers brag about your service, are willing to pay more for your product and are more forgiving when a mistake is made. A 5% improvement in customer retention translates into a doubling of margins.
There are three key components for enhancing customer loyalty. They are:
- Establishing Trust with Every Customer at Every Point of Connection
- Creating an Emotional Tie with Customers at Every Point of Connection
- Utilizing Empathy to Strengthen Customer Relationships
Customer service providers need to:
- Know their Emotions and Manage those Emotions
- Recognize Emotions in Others
- Be Able to Develop and Maintain Satisfying Relationships
Developing your staff in these areas will make a significant difference in the growth and success of your organization.
Critical Issues Addressed in this Process:
- What Do Customers Really Want?
- The Value of Customer Loyalty Versus Customer Satisfaction
- The Role of Empathy and Effective Listening
- Identifying Critical "Connection Points" in the Customer Interaction
- Developing Trust with the Customer
- Managing Emotions in the Customer Experience
- Effectively Managing Stress and Impulses
- Developing Goals for Positive Behavior Change
- Creating a Power "Connection" with the Customer
Outcomes from this Program include:
- Customer Loyalty
- New Customer Growth
- Loyal Satisfied Customers
- Decreased Customer Complaints
- Increased Sales
- Satisfied Employees
- Improved Profitability
- Customer Referrals
- Loyal and Focused Staff